A few disclaimers:
- I started this and then abandoned it.
- Somehow I knew that would happen.
- I really do like writing on a blog.
- I don’t like Flip or Flop now that those fools are divorced.
- I don’t know if I ever really liked it that much before anyhow.
I think when I started this I planned on writing just a little about my kid and making it more about….I don’t know. World events? Ha!
It’s become clear I’ll use this space to write about my relationship with my child, and that’s ok. In fact, I’m relieved. It means I don’t have to pretend I really give a shit about anything else.
An update on Norah: she’s 5 months and 8 days old. She crawls backward and flops forward. She smiles at my dumb jokes and her daddy’s funny noises. My favorite part of the day is the exhausted sigh she takes at bedtime before she puts her her head on my shoulder and falls asleep. Not because she’s asleep but because she’s content just to be….with me. It’s second only to going into her room after she wakes up, when I can hear her stirring on the monitor and I open the door to smiles. She’s already making it known that she’s strong, and I love that.
I have 2.5 months left of unemployment before I have to figure out what I’m doing with my life and I’m nervous. I am trying to find something that will allow me to be with her. Believe me, I never thought I’d want to do that.
Shit happens, I guess.
So in short (long?)- this is an update of sorts. Other updates:
- Have you watched The Handmaids Tale? WATCH IT.
- I haven’t seen a movie since January. If you know me, you know that’s….disturbing.
- I will always think Donald Sutherland is sexier than Keifer.